Tags give the ability to mark specific points in history as being important
Added feature: Several new actions for Visual Mode.
- Raise and lower Floor/Ceiling/Thing by the current grid size, bound to Alt+Shift+ScrollUp and Alt+Shift+ScrollDown by default.
- Toggle Peg Midtexture and Repeat Midtexture flags, bound to P and R by default.
Added feature: Several actions from regular editing modes now also work in Visual Mode.
- Paint selection, bound to the middle mouse button by default. (Backported from Ultimate Doom Builder)
- Selecting only single- or double-sided linedefs.
Added feature: Flag, angle and parameter labels can now be changed in custom object definitions, using the fields
- Added feature: Linedef and thing flags with changed labels/text are now highlighted, making it easier to see flags with special behavior for specific linedef actions or thing types.
- Added feature: The parameter value of a Thing is now easier to edit, and displays label changes outside of the Edit Thing window.
- Added feature: The flags value of a Thing is now visible outside of the Edit Thing window.
- Changed behavior: Things that use their Angle value for other uses, like slope vertices and polyobject anchors/spawnpoints, now keep the same value after being rotated. Make sure you have the latest version of the 2.2 configuration for this feature.
- Bugfix: Slope vertices with absolute heights (using parameter and flags value fields) now display properly in Visual Mode.
- Bugfix: Selecting middle textures in Visual Mode while holding Shift no longer wraps around to the opposite side. (Backported from Ultimate Doom Builder)
- Added feature: Several new actions for Visual Mode.
- Added feature: Flat alignment now displays in classic (2D) editing modes.
- Added feature: Added Toggle Slope (Back) to allow sloping backside sectors in Visual Mode, bound to Ctrl+Alt+S by default.
- Bugfix: Fixed a regression with repeating midtextures in Visual Mode.
- Bugfix: Fixed some incorrect prefixes in the 2.2 config.
- Added feature: Added the configuration file for 2.2, which has been updated as well. It's enabled by default in new installations, but if you updated an existing installation, you have to enable it manually under Tools -> Game Configurations (F6).
- Added feature: Comparison operators (>, >=, <, <=, ! or !=) can now be used when searching for numeric fields in Find and Replace Mode (F3). These operators and the texture name wildcards (*** and ?) now have tooltips to explain their usage.
- Added feature: Zoom tube waypoint paths are now drawn on the map, which can be toggled alongside NiGHTS paths. They will display their sequence ID on the first waypoint, and any duplicate waypoints will be marked.
- Bugfix: Flat alignment now renders correctly in Visual Mode, thanks to Justburner's work on the ZBU fork.
- Bugfix: Testing from current mouse position now spawns the player at the correct height.
- Bugfix: Testing from current camera position in Visual Mode now works when there are multiple Player 1 starts.
- Changed behavior: Updated the SRB2Kart 1.x configuration file, again with thanks to Justburner.
- Changed behavior: The 2.1 and Top Down configuration files have been disabled by default.
Changed behavior: A few default settings have been changed, to make more sense for SRB2 mapping and for general ease of use. Consider changing these manually:
- Visual Mode now uses the blockmap by default, trading a negligible loss of accuracy for a significant increase in speed and usability.
- Selections made in normal editing modes now sync with Visual Mode, and vice versa.
- Sound Propagation and Environment modes are now disabled by default, because they're useless for SRB2.
- Changed behavior: Checks for missing, unknown and unused textures in Map Analysis Mode (F4) are now unchecked by default, as they don't account for slopes or certain linedef actions properly.